Feb. 8, 2023 - Today, 13 student athletes from Smithson Valley High School signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level, wrapping up the February National Signing events for Comal ISD.
National Signing Day events were planned for Feb. 1, but those plans were postponed due to severe weather that shut down the district for several days last week. In the end, 42 student athletes from four Comal ISD schools took the next step in their journeys after high school.
Signing day represents a culmination of years of early morning and late-night practices, lessons, wins and losses, and it is a time to celebrate with families, teammates, coaches and friends.
Thirteen SVHS student-athletes
- Brock Bracher, baseball, Howard Junior College
- Gala Boutin, swimming, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Colin Doyle, swimming, University of Texas Permian Basin
- Colin Elliott, soccer, Gordon College
- Braxton Forsyth, golf, Prairie View A&M University
- Ethan Gonzalez, baseball, Blinn College
- Elyssa Holman, track, Southern Virginia University
- Taylor Nava, softball, Warner University
- Alayshia Paul, track, Abilene Christian University
- Chase Senelick, football, Hardin-Simmons University
- Malia Thalman, soccer, Texas State University
- Joel Worley, soccer, UDA Soccer Academy
- Zada Zimmerman, track, Sam Houston State University
-Thirteen student athletes from Smithson Valley High School signed letters of intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level on Feb. 8. Pictured back row from left is Joel Worley, Braxton Forsyth, Ethan Gonzalez and Brock Bracher; middle row from left is Colin Elliott, Zada Zimmerman, Gala Boutin, Taylor Nava, Chase Senelick and Colin Doyle; front row from left is Elyssa Holman, Malia Thalman and Alayshia Paul.